Thursday, November 12, 2009

URS: Chocolate Cupcakes

I am thrilled to participate in my first Ultimate Recipe Swap! This week the URS is focusing on Food Allergies/Special Diets. I love to create and try to new recipes, but I have just started to document the journey.

Back in August I was tasked with my first allergen free baking assignment: come up with yummy cupcakes that were dairy free, egg free, soy free, and nut free. Thankfully, I spent the entire summer experimenting with cupcake recipes and had a solid understanding of which ingredients I could start with. Six batches later, I came up with the perfect recipe! Now keep in mind, these are cupcakes not healthy muffins...



To read more about the process, click here.

To find the recipe, click here.

For more great reads, recipes, and fun, check out FishMama's journey at http://www.lifeasmom.com/.

Allie

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment on Joan Webb's blog tour page. (My blog was one of the stops) I'm an AZ girl too. Your cupcakes look yummy! Check my blog as well. Desert (dessert too) girls have to stick together!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo~~~ yum! I need to make some cupcakes tomorrow for my daughter's school, and allery free recipe sounds great!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my advent calendar at the hybrid chick!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? :)