Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Working it out - on the open road




It’s time to announce to the world that I’m training for a 5k. I’ve gone and started a training program - you know - the one that everyone is doing right. now. Didn’t get the memo? Oh that’s ok. I didn’t realize until a week after I started the program. It seems as though 5k training is taking over the blogosphere!!! Hey, the healthier the better!

My hope goal is to be able to run 3 consecutive miles. Before the end of May! Nonstop. Continuous. Running! How awesome will that be?!

Week 1 has come and gone. I covered 6 miles over those three days of training. Lame. That sounds like an afternoon stroll. Trust me people, this is tough! So hard that I brought in reinforcement - Hubby is training with me!

Week 2 started this morning. Nike+ says that I’ve improved my mile time by 39 seconds over week 1. Word. I rock the shure shot! :) Today I covered 2.32 miles. Yes, those 2 hundredths of a miles are important to mention!

My schedule? Wednesday * Friday * Sunday

Want to help keep me accountable? Check out my progress? I’ll be logging my activity at Nike+

http://my.nike.com/AllieZirkle

For now I’ll be posting a Sunday recap and working to get into the swing of things.

Need some more training info? In the next few days I’ll set you up with some direction so you too can be running a 5k in 9 weeks!

PS- My apologies for seeming to have fallen off the face of the planet. Having a new little one has certainly challenged my time management abilities!

~Allie

6 comments:

  1. The Crock-Pot Duo is perfect for entertaining and having
    the two slow cookers that adjust independently of each other.

    Don't forget Crockpot's (slow cookers) are a great way to save money;
    My Crockpot (slow cooker) black beans are the easiest to make, taste great and are
    super inexpensive and healthy. Rinse and soak the beans in a pot or large bowl covered with 3-4
    inches of cold water.

    Feel free to surf to my web page - pluft.google-scraps.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information provided above would be too less about this company
    who have produced 1400+ products under more than 100
    categories, which shows its huge achievement in the sports driven strategic competitive field.

    Myth 8: One must lose weight by dieting before
    starting weight-lifting. This exercise targets your Chest.


    Here is my webpage: Crestcottagecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Publishers have obsessively churned out memoirs over the past several years, but among shelves of mostly bland,
    self-righteous and poorly written duds, Tammet’s book soars.

    As for the UV sanitizer, you can use it every day or
    just once a week. Another reason that electric toothbrushes have become more popular in recent years is because the price of it has gone down tremendously.


    my blog: best electric toothbrushes

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. It really draws out their creativity. I have many
    such items on the front of my fridge and I have always
    struggled with powerful magnets that didn't take up too much space.

    my website :: michaels coupons

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Prestyl heating panels come in two by two foot or two by four foot panels that can
    easily be hung on the wall or used as ceiling panels.
    But many shy away from using them after reading horror stories of house fires that were caused because of their use.

    One minute you're enjoying the hazy copper aura of Fall and then wham, it's November.


    Review my web page; www.Bookmarked.biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not, just by sitting down during this bicep curl workout will actually add a degree of intensity.
    These websites may include "Dick's Sporting Goods" and "Sports - Mart".
    This set is performed using a set of dumbbells that can be lifted alternately or
    simultaneously.

    Also visit my blog; dumbbell workout

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? :)