Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 2 C25K Wrap-up


Sunday marked the completion of Week 2 on the Couch to 5k program. Wow! I felt such a rush… I was actually running!! I improved my mile pace by 27 seconds! Woohoo!

The program for week 2:
*Warm up brisk walk for 5 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds for 6 intervals
*Cool down brisk walk for 5 minutes

Week 2 Day 1 (Weds 3/31): best pace 16’06”, 2.15 miles
Week 2 Day 2 (Fri 4/2): best pace 15’56”, 2.15 miles
Week 2 Day 3 (Sun 4/4): best pace 15’39”, 2.15 miles

Here’s the route I took: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3607897 (During week 1, I took a different route)

While jogging on Sunday, Hubby accidentally skipped past the voice queue (that Fast Fwd button is gosh darn in the way when jogging!) so we missed the last “Ready, GO!” and kept on walking… Thankfully I realized it before we got home (haha) so we ran 90 seconds with my own queue. We were proud to catch it and actually run 1 more interval!

My Nike+ says I burned 430 calories during each walk. I think I gained those back eating my sons’ Easter candy… Bad mommy!

The program for week 3 looks a little tough (yikes!):
*Warm up brisk walk for 5 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Cool down brisk walk for 5 minutes

I could stress myself out thinking about it, but honestly, I’m just going to plan my route and stick with it, knowing that I’ll make it back home on the loop, dead or alive… ha ha ha Here’s what I’m thinking: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3607922 It’s not quite 2.5 miles so it’ll give a little wiggle room and a new route for the week.


I'm so proud of the completion of week 2! I simply cannot believe that 25% of this program is complete. Yippee Skippee!

Note to self, calibrate my Nike+ on Tuesday with an evening walk to ensure proper mileage. While Nike+ read that my route was 2.32 miles, the Google pedometer read 2.15. Unfortunately, I’ve got to go with the Google pedometer…

~Allie

2 comments:

  1. This is great I just started running again maybe I should try this ....I got a 15 minute mile last week but I was dead on my feet after ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Adrienne! My pace time is slow, partly because I'm slower and partly because the Nike+ is an average pace that includes my walk time. I don't mind though; it gives me greater room to improve! ;)

    I would highly recommend the program. You can start any time, pick any days, and make it work for you around your schedule. Plus, no fancy equipment needed.

    Come back tomorrow for my Top Ten Tuesday. It'll help you out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? :)