Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 3 C25K Wrap-up


Sunday marked the completion of Week 3 on the Couch to 5k program.

That was the toughest day of the program yet! We will be repeating Week 3 to make sure that we come out alive in Week 4! I feel defeated to complete the week over, but I’ve been struggling with the jogging stroller. Pushing 80 pounds (stroller + toddler + baby) while jogging just does. not. come. easy. Week 3 Day 3 was a complete #fail as we walked for most of the route.

The program for Week 3:
*Warm up brisk walk for 5 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Cool down brisk walk for 5 minutes

I'm getting closer to making that 5k in 30 minutes, but it is still a ways off…
Week 3 Day 1 (Weds 4/7): best pace 17’01”, 2.44 miles
Week 3 Day 2 (Fri 4/9): best pace 16’53”, 2.44 miles
Week 3 Day 3 (Sun 4/11): best pace 20’16”, 2.44 miles
Here’s the route we took: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3607922

Each day, the route is the same and the workout is the same... I burned 444 calories during each routine. Not bad! :)

I don’t think we’ll take the same route for Week 3. Unfortunately, I had to listen to my hubby complain that it was too long of a route. Bummer!

The program for Week 4 will be the same as I completed in Week 3:
*Warm up brisk walk for 5 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Jog 90 seconds / Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 3 minutes / Walk 3 minutes
*Cool down brisk walk for 5 minutes

Onward and Up!

~Allie

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I read back over your last 5 posts or so, and I am SO excited for you!! DON'T be discouraged! You are working MUCH harder than I ever worked. I would never have pushed a jogger. Never. I'm very impressed! And, I'm pretty sure your pace is faster than mine, although I don't have any cool gadgets to tell me how I'm doing. BE ENCOURAGED!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a million times over for the encouragement!

    I'm so excited for this journey. You were such a motivation. Watching you jump in head first, it was such a source of encouragement!!

    Today was a great jog. My time is picking up, 10 seconds each day. At this rate, I'll be running a 5k in a few months, no prob. ;)

    Thanks again Kelleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you comment on my blog. We are excited about our adoption and can't wait to have a girl! We are in Albuquerque, NM.

    We are doing a 5K tonight (hubby is doing 10K). I've been training for about a month. Still can't run the whole thing, but my time has improved. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? :)